It is important to learn how you can prevent your pipes from becoming frozen in the winter time because frozen pipes can result in very costly disaster to your home. A pipe that is frozen can burst and flood your home. Think about the thousands of dollars of damage that much water could do in your home!
Frozen Pipe Prevention:
- Have one of your faucets run a slight trickle of cold water. The moving water in your pipes will prevent them from freezing.
- Open up the cabinet doors below your sink to allow warm air to circulate around your pipe
- Ensure that all of your doors, crawl spaces, and windows have weather stripping and are sealed properly.
- Insulate your exposed pipes.
- Before cold weather hits, disconnect all outdoor hoses from the spigots and drain them.
- Make sure your attic is sealed and insulated, and replace doors or windows if necessary.
- Install storm windows and use plastic coverings on your windows.
If you have any concern over your pipes during the winter months, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We care about the safety of your family.