It is important to learn how you can prevent your pipes from becoming frozen in the winter time because frozen pipes can result in very costly disaster to your office or business facilities. A pipe that is frozen can burst and flood your building quickly. Think about the thousands of dollars of damage that much water could do in your offices or commercial property!
Frozen Pipe Prevention:
- Have one of your faucets run a slight trickle of cold water. The moving water in your pipes will prevent them from freezing.
- Open up the cabinet doors below your sink to allow warm air to circulate around your pipe
- Ensure that all of your doors, crawl spaces, and windows have weather stripping and are sealed properly.
- Insulate your exposed pipes.
- Before cold weather hits, disconnect all outdoor hoses from the spigots and drain them.
- Make sure your attic is sealed and insulated, and replace doors or windows if necessary.
- Install storm windows and use plastic coverings on your windows.
If you have any concern over your pipes during the winter months, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We care about the safety of your business.
Check out our Residential Plumbing