The cooling tower water circulating pumps are critical to the chiller systems they serve. Your chilled water system may even have more than one type of chill water pump, with a primary pump circulating water through your chiller and another to circulating water through the building.
All of your chill water or condenser water pumps should have good seals, bearings, rotating components and drive motors. Both loops have controls, bypasses and valves that are often neglected for inspection and maintenance. The pump strainers should also be cleaned.
Glenn Mechanical have trained experts in installing your cooling tower pump correctly and effectively maintaining your cooling tower pumps relieving you of the headache of keeping up with routine service of the equipment.
Glenn Mechanical can help you maintain the following components to your cooling tower circulating pump systems:
- Isolate, drain and clean strainers
- Maintain Seals, Bearings and Couplings: Inspect for seal leakage; lubricate bearings only as per manufacturer’s recommendation intervals; check for excess vibration; check pump/motor alignment; check coupling insert for cracks and excess wear.
- Ensure Pump Starter is in good working order.
- Ensure proper operation of the pump motor.
- Total Dynamic Head and Flow Testing
- Check water make-up, air removal and expansion system
- Check the make-up pressure regulator and relief system for proper pressure and check for leakage
- Check the air separator and automatic air vent for operation and against leakage
- Check expansion tank level and any safety controls
- Inspect bypass systems